Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Time For Change.

Today is day of change.

As of today, I am no longer involved with Dnbnation.com. I have rendered control of all operations to Kevin Kace, and he will continue on as site admin and chief editor. Dan Syntech remains as web developer.

This is something I have been thinking about extensively for the last couple of months, and it has finally come to be. Many thoughts and actions have factored into my decision and I am 100% confident that I'm doing a good thing for myself.

Over the last 9 months, we saw an amazing relaunch of the site that held so much potential to take things to the next level, and sadly, in my opinion, failed miserably. Numerous project fall outs over the 9 months added a great deal of frustration and led me to see people in a new light. My passion and motivation to follow the scene and update the site regularly started to decline, to the point where I didn't care anymore. My love for drum and bass, the scene and the people, faded away like dim sunlight in a dark cellar. My support system [team] was starting to crumble and disband, and ultimately left me exposed on an unwanted solo mission. It all happened and now the time has come.

I should note, the project lineup we had was sick. [All projects were set up by me and confirmed by each individual involved]

  • First up, to go along with the relaunch, was to be a Nocturnal Dnbnation Mix...but that fell through. :-/

  • Next, was to be the Catacomb Womb To The Tomb Mix Part 2...but that fell through. :-/

  • Next up was to be an interview with Spor, done by Khal, but Spor couldn't finish the interview. :-/

  • Next was to be a video interview of Nphect done by close friend Rusher...but that fell through. :-/

  • Next was to be an interview, done by Khal, of Chris Renegade and mix to go along with...but that fell through. :-/


  • We did however see 2 tight mixes go live, Implex's Dnbnation Mix Part 3 and I.N.I's Beast Of The East Mix. But with all those other projects not seeing the light of day...a real shame to say the least.

    [and tbh, I was really thrown off by the Lifted crew. I thought they wanted max exposure and we were willing to give them a lot. (2 interviews in 4 months time) But they couldn't seem to finish their homework... oh well.] :-/

    My total love for dnb has really changed and honestly, there's really only a handfull of artists that intrest and excite me. Producers like ASC, Quadrant, Phace, Noisia, Misanthrop, Teebee, Calyx, Nphect, Break, ICR, Klute, Fanu and Amit are, in my books, artists on the cutting edge and doing something extraordinary with their music. Something different. Something unique. And it's them that keeps the love alive.

    So I'm a free soul now. No ties holding me down. [and that's a great feeling!]
    I will continue to work for Toronto Jungle doing the news updates, aswell as Covert Operations and Warm Communications in the PR department, and of course focus on keeping 'Science & Progress' alive. [Don't forget Virb!]

    Catch you later kids.

    Respect.